Re: Use Different Editor

From: Kevin Goodspeed
Subject: Re: Use Different Editor
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:50:55 -0500

I think I can change the editor by editing the file octaverc located
in C:\Program Files\Octave\Share\octave\3.0.0\m\startup\.  (Thanks
Tatsuro, your help file told me of octaverc.)  Here's the section I
think I can modify, I just don't know the syntax/language to make the
necessary adjustments:

# Load editor settings
if (exist ("edit"))
  scite_path = sprintf ("%s%stools%swscite", octave_config_info
("prefix"), filesep, filesep);
  if (exist (scite_path, "dir"))
    EDITOR (sprintf ("%s%sSciTE.exe", scite_path, filesep));
    edit ("mode", "async");
    fprintf (" - SciTE editor installed. Use `edit' to start the editor.\n");
  endif
  home_path = edit ("get", "HOME");
  if (exist (home_path, "dir") != 7)
    if (! mkdir (home_path))
      warning ("unable to create directory `%s'", home_path);
    else
      fprintf (" - Created directory `%s'\n", home_path);
    endif
  endif
endif

I know if I installed Notepad++ into C:\Program Files\Octave\Tools\ I
could probably make it work just fine, but I'd rather leave it in
C:\Program Files\Notepad++\.  I believe it's the third line that's
giving me problems:

scite_path = sprintf ("%s%stools%swscite", octave_config_info
("prefix"), filesep, filesep);

- CircuitsMan