Re: Image functions no longer return images

From: J Heeris
Subject: Re: Image functions no longer return images
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 20:34:02 -0800 (PST)

Well, basically my question is: It used to be possible to do this...

im1 = imagesc(flipud(20*log10(S)));
M = jet(64);
imwrite(imfilename,im1,M);

...because "imagesc" would return the scaled image data. Now it doesn't.
Simply put, these functions used to work this way, and now they don't, so
how do I use them? The documentation for "imwrite" and "imagesc" is still
the same, and they don't seem to have changed internally.

Using "imwrite" on manually scaled data itself doesn't work either, by the
way. Maybe the problem is with "imwrite" (or the way I'm using that) and not
the other functions:

octave:3> imwrite("png:test", eye(100), M);
warning: warn_empty_list_elements is no longer a built-in variable; please
read the NEWS file or type `news' for details
warning: warn_empty_list_elements is no longer a built-in variable; please
read the NEWS file or type `news' for details
error: invalid row index = 0
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 278, column 8
error: evaluating if command near line 272, column 1
error: called from `imwrite' in file
`/usr/share/octave/packages/image-1.0.4/imwrite.m'