using gvim as editor

From: Puckja
Subject: using gvim as editor
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:35:24 -0800 (PST)

It must be simple answer, but I have tried for quite a while...

I would like to set gvim as the script editor so that I can type "edit
test.m" under octave prompt to open the file with gvim.  I have set the
environmental variable EDITOR=gvim, and it worked but the octave prompt is
not available for further input (just like I run gvim test.m without "&"
under xterm).

Thanks for the hint.  It should be just do it right under bash.

Puck