Transparency of markerfacecolor

From: Thomas Wild
Subject: Transparency of markerfacecolor
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:15:56 +0100

Hello,

I’m trying to create good looking diagrams with OCTAVE 3.0.0. .  I would like
to display lines and symbols. At this point I do not know, how to create
symbols with a non-transparent filling. This means, that the lines and the grid
should be covered by  the filling of the symbol. I have tried this with the
attached code:

 A = [0:1:10];
 B = A.^2;

 figure(1)
 H1 = plot(A,B); hold on;
 H2 = plot(A,B); hold on;

 set(H1,'LineStyle','-','LineWidth',1);
 set(H2','Marker','s','MarkerSize',5,'MarkerFaceColor','r'
     ,'MarkerEdgeColor','k','LineStyle','none')

In this plot, the blue line is shining through the red colored face of the
symbols. The same occurs when using the function “patch”. The resulting colored
area is not hiding the lines.

 Does anyone know, how to handle this with Octave?

Thanks!

Thomas Wild