FW:Re: note for mkoctfile for MSVC (MSVC2008)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: FW:Re: note for mkoctfile for MSVC (MSVC2008)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:51:48 +0900 (JST)

I'll forward the following for MSVC octave users.
Regards
Tatsuro

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:10:55 +0100
From: "Michael Goffioul" <address@hidden>
To: "Jeff Forbes" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: note for mkoctfile for MSVC
Cc: address@hidden

On 1/17/08, Jeff Forbes <address@hidden> wrote:
> The files compile, but some library is not found. I am not sure how
> to get a more diagnostic error message.
> This was actually the first time that I have used a microsoft compiler.
> (I have always done all of my programming on unix boxes.)
> I looked for dll references in the compiled output and did not see anything
> unexpected. Your analysis about backward compatibility is likely to
> be the cause.

If you installed the Plaform SDK with MSVC 2008 (which is required
anyway), then you should have a tool named "depends.exe" in the
Bin directory of the SDK installation dir (at least that's how it is in
my MSVC 2005 installation). If this is the case, then I suggest that
you run "system('depends myfile.oct')" at octave prompt, replacing
myfile.oct with your actual oct file. This utility lists the dependencies
between executable/DLL; this should help you to track down what
dependency is not fullfilled.

(my bet: MSVC 2008 runtime libs, something like msvcr90.dll)

Michael.

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/