Re: ODF spreadsheets

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: ODF spreadsheets
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:44:06 -0600

Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
2008/1/23, Muthiah Annamalai <address@hidden>:
kensmith wrote:
On Thursday 17 January 2008 12:39, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

On 17/01/2008, Mats Hedlund <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there any work being done for import/export to ODF spreadsheets?

Not that am I aware of, but do you really need it? Can't you use CSV
format instead?

this is a way to go but

For anyone interested in doing this work, a good starting point would be
look at
Gnumeric / Gnome-spreadsheet's OO.o export facilities, and rewrite the
same into
an OCT file. This will also be license compatible.

any direct link (aka octave being able to read/write data directly in
a ods spreadsheet)
would help by putting octave nearly on par with matlab that can do
this with excel spreadsheet, a feature that is used by some and
advertised by mathworks. In Belgium (and many other countries) where
ODF become standards pushed forward at least in public
administrations, this could well help.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Who will bell the cat? Its a question of developer time I believe.
-Muthu