Segmentation Fault from dir of a DVD drive.

From: Adam Robertson
Subject: Segmentation Fault from dir of a DVD drive.
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:05:55 -0700

On a WinXP running Octave 3.0.0 I wanted to get a list of the files on a DVD. I changed to directory D:/ to access the DVD and a simple directory listing with 'dir' caused this:

panic: Segementation violation -- stopping myself ...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-core'...
warning: unable to open 'octave-core' for writing...

Octave completely freezes up and I have to manually kill the process with task manager.
Any suggestions?

Adam Robertson