Re: Help me something about GNU Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Help me something about GNU Octave
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:06:10 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Questions like this is not easy to answer.

Did you read the octave manual?

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

However I will write my reply (not answer) to you.

> To whom had more experiences in using GNU Octave,
>
> I'm a student of Can Tho University of Viet Nam. I've just written some
> codes in Octave programming language and I don't know how to evaluate my
> work. Now I have to complete my thesis about "using GNU Octave in image
> processing" and I have some problems to ask you:
>
>    - Can GNU Octave work with the large calculation?
Using only *.m files perhaps, it is not easy.
Because the speed of *.m file for octave is limited.
(MATLAB uses JIT technique so that sspeed of executing of *.m file is fast.)

You write partially write the dynamic link function (*.cc) by C++ languge.
For ssolving ODE case this will time for solving speed about 5-10 times faster.
>    - Can GNU Octave connect or create the program database?
Sorry I do not know.

>    - How is the ability of GNU Octave?
This cannot be answered.  Please read the octave manual by yourself and write
some codes and judge by
yourself.

I think that nobody will answer your last question.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/