Octave 3.0.0 on a PC

From: Adam Robertson
Subject: Octave 3.0.0 on a PC
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:38:57 -0700

I installed the windows binaries. All appears to go well until I actually launch Octave. I get the usual,

This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i686-pc-msdosmsvc".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

 - Use `pkg list' to see a list of installed packages.
 - SciTE editor installed. Use `edit' to start the editor.
 - MSYS shell available (c:\Program Files\octave\msys).
 - Graphics backend: jhandles.
What comes next is a mess of warnings:

Warning: addpath: C:\Program Files\Octave\libexec\octave\packages\windows-1.0.2\i686-pc-msdisnsvc-api-v27: no such files or directory.

I get similar warnings for a large list of packages. Upon inspection I find that I have the windows-1.0.3 package and not i686-pc-msdisnsvc-api-v27 file, but rather the i686-pc-msdosmsvc-api-v32.

I also get a slew of errors for a different path,

Warning: addpath: C:\Program Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.15\m: No such file ore directory.

Of course this doesn't exist, I installed 3.0.0, and the files are in the 3.0.0 directory, not the 2.9.15.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Adam