plot question

From: William Blum
Subject: plot question
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:58:23 -0500

Hello

I am a new user of Octave, version 2.19.15. I choose to install the jhandles graphics backend because plots seemed to be significantly faster than the GNU plot option. Is this still true with version 3.0? Also how does one switch between the 2 plot options? If I download version 3.0 will it install over 2.19.15 or do I have to unintall 2.19.15 first? I am using Windows Vista operating system and obtained the previous Octave version from Octave Forge.

Thanks for your help.