Re: Octave / Matlab

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Octave / Matlab
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:13:43 -0800 (PST)

--- Charles Stroom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to octave (and matlab) and I am trying to get an existing
> input file for matlab compatible for both matlab and octave.  This is
> somewhat complicated because, for example, in the matlab version
> originally used, the parameters of the wavwrite function are in a
> different order than in octave.
>
> Hence my question: is there a conditional which I can use to test if
> the input file is used by octave or matlab?  Something like:
>
> if (used_by_octave)
>       wavwrite(file, a, b, c);
> else
>       wavwrite(a, b, c, file);
> endif
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles
>

> --
> Charles Stroom
> email: charles at no-spam.stremen.xs4all.nl (remove the "no-spam.")

What 'octave' version do you use ?

This is what I see on 3.0.0:

"
octave:2> help wavwrite
 -- Function File:  wavwrite (Y, FILENAME)
 -- Function File:  wavwrite (Y, FS, FILENAME)
 -- Function File:  wavwrite (Y, FS, BITS, FILENAME)
     Write Y to the canonical RIFF/WAVE sound file FILENAME with sample
     rate FS and bits per sample BITS.  The default sample rate is 8000
     Hz with 16-bits per sample.  Each column of the data represents a
     separate channel.
"

- so it look to me as it's the same as in your Matlab example.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

Be a better friend, newshound, and