Re: Problem with package

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: Problem with package
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:50:56 -0600

Dorian wrote:
Hello all,

When I used "imread" , octave return the following error,

octave:11> f=imread('circuit.gif');
error: `imread' undefined near line 11 column 3

I switched to  "loadimage", I got the following error

octave:12> f=loadimage("circuit.gif")
error: load: /home/My_Name/Desktop/Vision/circuit.gif: inconsistent number of columns near line 3 error: load: unable to extract matrix size from file `/home/My_Name/Desktop/Vision/circuit.gif'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 47, column 8
error: called from `loadimage' in file `/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.0/m/image/loadimage.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 11, column 2

I have already installed the package " Image Processing",

Thanks in advance,

Dorian
From what it seems, loadimge() doesnt read .gif files. So you are stuck here.
Checking on the list archives, I see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.general/12518/match=gif+files

So you need to install the image package from octave-forge, and then use imread()
from there.  This should be straightforward.
-Muthu