Plotting window (Jhandle) in 3.0 under Vista

From: Puckja
Subject: Plotting window (Jhandle) in 3.0 under Vista
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:43:08 -0800 (PST)

I have seen some positive report on trying Octave under vista so I did it.
The installation went smoothly and the Jhandle is chosen in the
installation.  I did not add any additional packages.

When I plot a simple curve, the figure window initially shows up with the
menu bar at the upper left corner of the screen, and then the "menu" bar is
missing as the curve showed up.  There is a time delay in between which may
be due to the slow processor/GPU.  The problem is that the figure window did
not refresh right and behave strangely.

If I moved the window to center, the "frame" will stay there, but the
"content" will be showed up again at the upper left corner.

If I try to zoom in with mouse click, the click location is registered
higher (about 100 pixels), but it was zoomed correctly.

Sometimes, the figure content will not show up (instead, the content at the
background window shows up), but I can minimize/restore the figure window,
and then the content will be displayed (again at the upper left corner of my
screen).

I did not experience this with my other XP machine (Java 1.5.0.11).  This
Vista machine is running Java 1.5.0.14.  BTW, this machine is a so-called
UMPC (Fujitsu U810), the processor is Intel A110 with Intel 945GM Express
chipset.  I hope the hardware is not the limiting factor.

Could someone show me how can I switch to gnuplot to test out the source of
the problem?

BTW, the console window cannot be resized by dragging its corner, but it may
not be related.

Thank you for your help.

Puck