Oct Files Help -- mkoctfile

From: gOS
Subject: Oct Files Help -- mkoctfile
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:15:17 -0800 (PST)

I tried compiling the example code shown in the documentation for Oct files:

helloworld.cc
     #include <octave/oct.h>

     DEFUN_DLD (helloworld, args, nargout,
       "Hello World Help String")
     {
       int nargin = args.length ();
       octave_stdout << "Hello World has " << nargin
             << " input arguments and "
             << nargout << " output arguments.\n";
       return octave_value_list ();
     }

And I recieved the following error

octave.exe:14> mkoctfile helloworld.cc
'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'link' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Does anyone know how to fix this or where I might start looking to fix this?
I'm running windows xp. If there is more specific information you need, what
is it?