Re: Debug loading of oct-file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Debug loading of oct-file
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:31:29 -0500

On  7-Jan-2008, Kim Hansen wrote:

| api-v32+
|
| I am rebuilding the cvs version of octave from scratch each night in
| an empty directory.
|
| But I think I have mislead you by showing the error message from
| octave 2.9.15, that error is not my problem, it was just a way to show
| that the oct-file had the correct version.

OK, I misunderstood the problem.  I would guess that the problem is
that your .oct file is not linked with all the symbols it requires.
Does it depend on external libraries?

If it is a dependency problem, it would be great if we could get
Octave to say something like

  error: unresolved symbol `bar' while loading foo.oct
  error: unable to load foo.oct

or similar instead of just the generic "symbol undefined" error that
it now prints, but I don't know how to do that.

jwe