Re: Octave 3.0 successfully built

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0 successfully built
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:58:16 -0800 (PST)

--- "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On  5-Jan-2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | Just to say that Octave 3.0 builds without any problems whatsoever
> | here in Ubuntu 7.10. :-)
> |
> | I did first do "apt-get build-dep octave" which probably installed
> | more than I needed to satisfy most of Octave's build dependencies. I
> | still had to install the libqhull library manually anyways. Was there
> | a location that said exactly what all of the build dependencies were
> | if I wanted all of Octave's functionality? I couldn't find it in
> | INSTALL or README docs.
>
> I don't think a complete list of dependencies is documented except in
> the configure script.  I'd consider a patch to the manual.
>
> jwe

Well, the interested parties might have a look into the attached raw
dependencies file
generated by my AppsFromScratch.

Please note that the dependencies are simplistic, i.e. there is no
differentiation
between build and run dependencies, so 'octave' depends on 'gnuplot' and all its
dependencies.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/