Upgrading qtoctive to run octave 3.0.0

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Upgrading qtoctive to run octave 3.0.0
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:16:28 -0500

I have confirmed that it is easy to upgrade the qtoctave package from

Tatsuro's web page to run octave-3.0.0

1) install qtoctave from

http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant5/qtoctave0.6.8_octave2.9.15_Portable_win32.zip

2) read the notes  and do it. From his web page:
Note for using octave-forge packages in the QtOctave Portable <http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/qtoctport.html>

3) install octave 3.0.0 from his web page.
actually it is this one.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-3.0.0-setup.exe?modtime=1198873480&big_mirror=0

4)Now find the octave that is under the qtoctave folder and delete it.
On my machine it is:
E:\qtoctave-0.6.8\Octave

Then find the new octave 3.0.0 folder and copy it.
On my machine it is
C:\Program Files\Octave
And mow paste it into qtoctve's folder where you deleted the old octave.

This worked for me and this is what I will be getting my students to use this semester.
It also works from a memory key. :-)