Re: octave-3.0.0 could not be built on updated mingw

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: octave-3.0.0 could not be built on updated mingw
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:32:48 +0100

On 1/5/08, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> It seems that win32 api functions might be not detected.  Perhaps something
> is missing.
> What's I should to do.  Unfortunately I deleted the previous system
> completely.
> I cannot come back at the moment.
>
> Anyway with a new mingw system, Octave cannot be build at all.
> I have to resolve it.
>
> Can anyone help me?

>From the error you get, the Win32 API is clearly not sourced by the
compiler. So you should make sure you have the Win32 headers
(package win32api, IIRC) installed. However, if the compiler tried
to include windows.h and could not find it, you should see an error
like "cannot include windows.h: file not found", which I don't see in
the messages you get. So it might be that windows.h is simply not
included due to some preprocessor macros. If you compile lo-sysdep.cc
with the -P or -E flag, you should be able to trace the file inclusion.
On my system with MSVC, the sequence is the following:
lo-sysdep.cc -> file-ops.h -> str-vec.h -> Array.h -> lo-utils.h -> windows.h
However, in lo-utils.h, windows.h inclusion is only made if
HAVE_LOADLIBRARY_API is defined.

Michael.