matlab mex function under 64-bit linux- panic

From: augustm
Subject: matlab mex function under 64-bit linux- panic
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:06:46 -0800 (PST)

Octave-3.0.0

I am using a 64 linux machine with the SuiteSparse set of routines.

I would like to use some of the mex functions that are defined within
SuiteSparse-
and are not directly callable from octave.

I have managed to make a small test on a 32 bit machine and compile the LDL
routines

mkoctfile --mex -I../Include -I../../UFconfig  -DLDL_LONG  -o ldlsparse.mex
.../Source/ldl.c ldlmex.c
mkoctfile --mex -I../Include -I../../UFconfig  -DLDL_LONG   -o ldlsymbol.mex
.../Source/ldl.c ldlsymbolmex.c

The result works when I add the directory path into octave.

****************************
When I try the same thing on a 64 bit machine I have the following problem

>path('/opt/SuiteSparse2/LDL/MATLAB',path);
>M=speye(10);
>ldlsparse(M);

I obtain

panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault

Is the mex interface "aimed" at 64 bit machines"
or is it only 32 bit?

TM, Paris.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.