Re: Please tell in what ways can we use OCTAVE

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Please tell in what ways can we use OCTAVE
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:11:47 +0100

vikash kumar wrote:

>   Hi
>         I am from corporate background, from a company that deals in
> communication s/ws..
>         Ours is a project on RNC[3G terminology, in case u understand
> it..]..
>         We probably look for some traffic volume measurement using
> your tool..Am not too sure if its possible..
>         I want to know in what ways if any can we use it for our project..
>         For any clarification, details do revert to me..
>
>  Thanx n Regards
>  Vikash Kumar

If you modify the sources of octave in any way or if you write oct-file
extensions to Octave then you will be required to distribute your
changes and oct-files under the terms of the GPL. Any m-files or
mex-files that you write yourself can be licensed under whatever license
you choose due to their dual use with Octave and Matlab, with the
exception that you can't distribute the binary versions of the mex-files
as these are pre-linked against Octave and thus invoke the GPL.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary