Re: pcolor + contour

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: pcolor + contour
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:47:08 +0100

Pukeja wrote:
> With 3.0, the following code seems to overlap contour on pcolor correctly:
> octave:> pcolor(z);shading flat; hold on
> octave:> contour(z);
>
> However, I have a real data set, but just cannot show the contour line with
> the following code:
> h1=pcolor(d1); shading flat; hold on;
> [c2,h2]=pcolor(eps,1); % with colormap(jet)
>
> where d1 is a 60x120 intensity map with magnitude ranging [0 5] and eps is
> same size map with bottom half being 1 and upper half being 2.3 (just like a
> half plane so I only need one contour to see the separation).
>
> I can not see the contour even by using
> set(h2,"edgecolor","white");
>
> BUT, if I do [c3,h3]=contour(d1), then immediately both contour for d1 and
> eps show up. Then, I can set the edgecolor of h2 to whatever I want.
>
> This may be a workaround if I can delete the contour of d1 (h3).  I tried to
> delete(h3), but it didn't work either.  So I am stuck.
>
> Thanks for your help!!
>
> Puck

gnuplot doesn't do proper hidden line removal in this case, though there
appears to be a patch applied to the CVS version to address this. So
this is really a gnuplot issue and we can't do much about it in octave..
Try the latest CVS version of gnuplot and see if that helps..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary