pcolor + contour

From: Pukeja
Subject: pcolor + contour
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:16:32 -0800 (PST)

With 3.0, the following code seems to overlap contour on pcolor correctly:
octave:> pcolor(z);shading flat; hold on
octave:> contour(z);

However, I have a real data set, but just cannot show the contour line with
the following code:
h1=pcolor(d1); shading flat; hold on;
[c2,h2]=pcolor(eps,1); % with colormap(jet)

where d1 is a 60x120 intensity map with magnitude ranging [0 5] and eps is
same size map with bottom half being 1 and upper half being 2.3 (just like a
half plane so I only need one contour to see the separation).

I can not see the contour even by using
set(h2,"edgecolor","white");

BUT, if I do [c3,h3]=contour(d1), then immediately both contour for d1 and
eps show up. Then, I can set the edgecolor of h2 to whatever I want.

This may be a workaround if I can delete the contour of d1 (h3).  I tried to
delete(h3), but it didn't work either.  So I am stuck.

Thanks for your help!!

Puck