[qtoctave] how to set seach path

From: Wolfgang Lindner
Subject: [qtoctave] how to set seach path
Date: 31 Dec 2007 17:07 GMT

dear list,

I m new to qtoctave 5.9.15 for winXP. Before I used octave 2.1.50 for Win (very
old, I know;), but now I want to switch to the new windows version which look
very promising.

I tested some own code for scripts and function files - ok.
Now I tested the following M-file in my same working directory ..

% globalfmin.m
% define the function as an inline function
f=inline('x.^3/3-2*x.^2+3')
% use fminbnd to find the x value of the minimum over -2.5<x<7
globalminx=fminbnd(f,-2.5,7)
% calculate the value of the minimum, f(x)
globalminvalue=f(globalminx)

.. and got the error that 'fminbnd' is unknown.
But that function exist in the octave directory ..

What I am doing wrong?
Any hints are very welcome.

all the best for 2008
HTH Wolfgang