Re: load numbers from a txt file

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: load numbers from a txt file
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:32:48 -0500

use the load command_

_

Jean-Marie Bonnaz wrote:
Hello

load file.txt
or

boo = load file.txt

I am a complete beginner with octave and I have some problems. I usually run Matlab but I try to learn Octave.
My problem is :
I would like to read numbers in a text file (file.txt). In this file there are only numbers, spaces ... and no text. The numbers are arranged in columns and columns are separated by one space.

I don't know how to read this file with Octave in order to load the numbers in a matrix.

With Matlab I use the function 'read' but I don't know what is the equivalent function in Matlab.

Thank you if you could help me.

Jean-Marie (France)

--
Jean-Marie BONNAZ