imtranslate

From: Daniel Elliott
Subject: imtranslate
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:06:20 -0600

Hello,

I tried contacting the author, but the email address is no longer
functional.  I have not done my homework before asking the question...

The imtranslate function takes the absolute value of the image as it
is brought out of FFT-space.  Is this because of some property of FFT
where it can potentially flip the sign of a pixel?

I am using this method to permute images that may have negative
values.  Does anyone know why the absolute value is used here?

- dan elliott