String in emacs octave mode. Was: Comments in emacs

From: Peter A. Gustafson
Subject: String in emacs octave mode. Was: Comments in emacs
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:20:07 -0500

On Friday 28 December 2007 11:14:20 pm Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> Sorry, my misunderstanding: I didn't realize the "other language"
> you were referring to was MatLab.
>
> -- O.L.

In a somewhat related question:
When using emacs octave mode, is there an easy way to have strings in single
quotes highlighted like strings in double quotes?

I have always used "" because the strings are syntax highlighted, however
compatibility dictates that '' is preferred.  This was never an issue for me,
however the 3.0.0 release allows tex strings in plots if they are specified
in single quotes.  This feature is worthy of me changing my behavior, hence
the question.

Thanks,
Pete Gustafson