Re: pcolor in octave 3.0 requires same dimension

From: Puck Ja
Subject: Re: pcolor in octave 3.0 requires same dimension
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:25:04 -0600

My last version was 2.9.12.  Up to that version, the command recall was there but it is not possible to use "partial string" + "up arrow" to find the most recent match, which is extremely useful.  Eg. "plot(x" + "up arrow" will give me most recent "plot(x,y)" even thought it is 10th entry in my history list.  In the past, octave will ignore my partial hint, "plot(x", and just give me the next entry in the history list (unless I use ctrl-r, which is still awkward), but now octave will jump to the most recent match.  That is what I meant "matlab" style recall.  (It may exist long before matlab).  Anyhow, I just love to see this feature in octave.  Good job and thanks a lot!

Puck

On Dec 27, 2007 2:04 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 27-Dec-2007, Dukeja wrote:

| I am also very pleased that Octave 3.0 has the command line history recall
| just like Matlab.

What do you mean by that?

I think Octave has had command-line history since about 1992 (as I
recall, that was before Matlab had much at all in the way of command
history or editing).

jwe