Re: about eigs function on windows

From: 李政
Subject: Re: about eigs function on windows
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:45:23 +0800

在07-12-24,李政 <address@hidden> 写道:
Thanks for your advice. It works well. And before your reply, I have searched .oct file for some wrong dll import and failed.  Now I know what is wrong is libarpack.dll with a wrong dll filename, lapack.dll. Right?

Then I suggest that when octave encounters some errors, why does it not print out some stack infos?

Yours,
Zheng

2007/12/24, Michael Goffioul < address@hidden>:
On 12/23/07, 李政 < address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, Everyone.
> I am trying to use eigs() in my PC and I installed octave 2.9.19 in
> C:\Program Files\Octave. When I run eigs on octave, I got a error like
>
> errors: could not find library or dependents: C:\Program
> Files\Octave\libexec\octave\packages\arpack-1.0.3\i686-pc-msdosmsvc-api-v31\eigs.oct.
>
> Yet the .oct file is really in the dir listed above. Anyone can help me?

This is a bug in the binary package, thanks for reporting it. This will be fixed
in the next binary release. As a workaround, simply go into the bin
directory of your octave installation and make a copy of the file liblapack.dll
and name it lapack.dll. This should solve the problem.

Michael.