RE: Reading NI TDMS files

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: Reading NI TDMS files
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:57:38 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Weber [mailto:address@hidden

> If your code generates a .oct file, it could be regarded as a
> derived work of Octave. This means you are *not* free to choose
> the license.

Granted, at least if it uses Octave or any of its libraries to do so.  I
was assuming this could be avoided, but perhaps I misunderstand how it
works.

If I use Gnumeric to produce an Excel .xls format file, am I violating
Microsoft's license?  (I expect THEY think I am.)

Regards,
Allen
--
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.