Re: problem with gnuplot and octave, 2.9.19, MSVC build on windows XP

From: N. B.
Subject: Re: problem with gnuplot and octave, 2.9.19, MSVC build on windows XP
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 04:33:20 -0800 (PST)

I'm not a professional programmer, but from what I understand, h becomes -1, and this is apparently an invalid value for the purpose (I removed the test for h < 0, and octave complained about it. I don't know what happens inside popen). Let me know if there is something I can do for help.
Thank you.
Nusret

Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/17/07, N. B. wrote:

> Then it invokes gnuplot (the one included with octave: I removed my other
> version to save space and confusion), but octave seems to have no control
> until I quit the gnuplot. Namely, I cannot use octave syntax until I type
> quit in gnuplot prompt and fall back to the octave prompt.

This is normal. I just wanted to check whether gnuplot was available.
Normally, octave starts gnuplot using something like:

h = popen("pgnuplot");
pclose(h);

If this works correctly, then I don't see any other way to find the problem
than debugging drawnow.m to see what's exactly executed and trying to
see what's going on.

Michael.