Re: octave-2.9.18-cygwin-071208.tar.bz2

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: octave-2.9.18-cygwin-071208.tar.bz2
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:33:59 +0900 (JST)

Dear Joachim Herb

cc. address@hidden, me(my working address)

> The "native" windows version has a directory named
> /include/octave-2.9.16/octave/ but there is
> no comparable directory in your distribution. Do I have to download it
> separately?

Yes!
It was written in page
http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant
*******
The binary components are made of three parts.
  1. Basic Octave-2.9.18 binary, gnuplot 4.3 (CVS version. Dec. 04, 07) and
manuals.
  2. Pre build octave-forge-bundle-20071014 packages: almost complete, with few
components missing.
  3. Developer's kits. The specially configured gcc, g++ and g77 and the
required include
     files and the library files. (required for the mkoctfile and the pkg
install commands)
******

You need developers kits. (3)
>From you can download them
http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/develop.html

To speed up octave, my octave requires also specially configured gcc
(--dissable-sjlj-exceptions.)

Not only you need
 octave-2.9.18-cygwin-develop.tar.bz2
but also
 gcc-3.4.4d.tar.bz2

For the path setting, please refer the script of mkoctfile-2.9.18.
If you use  mkoctfile script, the extra path setting is not required.

Regards.

Tasuro

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/