Re: Writing scripts

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: Writing scripts
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:35:47 -0500

> As you can see I have called the "plotgraph" function from within
> "lobf". With the intent that x=data(:,1) that was defined from
> "plotgraph".
>
> Once I have defined a value in one function how can it be persistant
> in octave once the function  has ended?

You can't have it persist, since all variables inside functions are
local.  On the other hand, you can have it return a value that you
wish to use later on, such as x and y from your plotgraph function.

In your lobf function, simply call plotgraph like this:
[x, y] = plotgraph( file, "*" );

and x and y will be what is returned by plotgraph.