Re: fntests.m during and after make

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: fntests.m during and after make
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:22:23 -0500

On  4-Dec-2007, Marius Schamschula wrote:

| I don;t see the problem either. I tested on both PPC and IA64
| (10.4.11). octave, in both case was built using g95.

Since these problems with Octave crashing on Mac systems seem to only
happen to some people, until someone can actually debug the problems
and show clearly that there is a problem with Octave, I have to
conclude that the bugs are not in Octave itself, but are due to
botched installations or some problem with compilers or tools used for
building Octave.

Also, since I don't have a Mac system suitable for testing Octave,
those people who do have these systems will have to debug the
problems.

jwe