Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave? (about pgnuplot patch)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave? (about pgnuplot patch)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 06:43:08 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have tested this patch on cvs version of gnuplot.
Unfortunate the mouse zooming cannot be worked.
However I realised that it was natural.

This is the problem caused by the using gnuplot under the pipe stream.
The windows version of gnuplot the treatment is entirely different.
Perhaps I need to revise pgnuplot.c itself.
It seems to be not easy work for me.

The merit and demerit of my pgnuplot.

Merit:
1. It can be used the gnuplot distributed by the gnuplot team or the cvs
version by Prof. Kakuto.
2. It is worked windows terminal so that copy and paste facilities of the graph
can be used.

Demerit:
1.This patch perhaps will not work correct. For that case, Sleep(1) should be
adjusted.
2.At the moment, Sleep(1) seems to be long enough for pipe to be worked
correctly but I feel that
it can be shortened.  Anyway wait factor is too long enough so that speed for
successive plot is
slower than that of Michael's pgnuplot.

Tatsuro

--- Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello
>
> The file attached will be much better than before.
> Now I am asking the gnuplot ML about this patch.
>
> Tatsuro

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/