Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:27:08 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Before upload the pgnuplot path in my web, I have to the path more revised and
useful.  After that I
will consult it with the gnuoplot ML.

Tentatively I have write my idea, here.
The mingw-gcc ver.3.x.x is required .

1. Download the gp422win32.zip.

Extract it in your favarite foleder.

2. Please download required sources here.

pgnuplot.c
http://gnuplot.cvs.sourceforge.net/gnuplot/gnuplot/src/win/pgnuplot.c?view=log
version.c
http://gnuplot.cvs.sourceforge.net/gnuplot/gnuplot/src/version.c?view=log
version.h
http://gnuplot.cvs.sourceforge.net/gnuplot/gnuplot/src/version.h?view=log
syscfg.h
http://gnuplot.cvs.sourceforge.net/gnuplot/gnuplot/src/syscfg.h?view=log

download for the version 4.2.2 ones and place them to the same folder.

3. Please apply attached patch to pgnuplot.c

4. Build pgnuplot.exe with the mingw gcc at the source placed folder.
 gcc -c -o version.o version.c
 gcc -o pgnuplot.exe verion.o pgnuplot.c
 ( strip pgnuplot.exe )

5.Replace the pgnuplot.exe with original one.

6.Addd octaverc, gnuplot_binary like
gnuplot_binary('C:/Progra1/gp422win32/gnuplot/bin/pgnuplot.exe')

The ' (path of pgnuplot) ' will be different accoriding to where up extrected
the gp422win32.zip.

If you see the patch only one sentence added
+       for(i=0;i<100000;++i) i==i;
The number 100000 is the wait factor that I have experimentary chosen.
Please change this for your environment.

Regards

Tatsuro