Re: MPI for Octave

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: MPI for Octave
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:26:40 +0100

I heartily recommend MPITB (http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb). It
works really well - excellent performance, well documented, doesn't
crash. It has all of MPI 1.2 that can be used with octave, and some of
the important parts of MPI 2. You can link to LAM or OpenMPI, and I
have seen reports that MPICH works, too. It's a great way to use all
the cores of a single machine, or to run on a cluster. I just released
parallelknoppix v2.8, which has MPITB installed, with parallel
examples (Monte Carlo, kernel regression and density estimation,
maximum likelihood estimation, and a few others).

Michael