Re: tics number and tics location

From: Peter A. Gustafson
Subject: Re: tics number and tics location
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:46:37 -0500

On Friday 16 November 2007 22:48:55 Evan wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 3:55 AM, Henry F. Mollet <address@hidden> wrote:
> > on 11/15/07 7:34 AM, Evan at address@hidden wrote:
> > > If I don't want very tick labeled by a number, which property should I
> > > adjust
> >
> > I doubt that there's an easy way to do this. You could delete all the
> > default x-tick labels and then use your own with the text command.
>
> In gnuplot this is called minor tics and is controlled by   set m{x|y}tics
> has it been included in present octave?

I'm not sure exactly what Evan was asking... was it essentially "How do I set
specific labels for tics?"  (very -> every from his question?)

Earlier Michael responded to use the tics() command (from the octave-forge
plot package).  Example.

x=0:0.001:2*pi;
plot(x,sin(x))
tics('x',[0 pi 2*pi],["0";"pi";"2*pi"])

Did this not work? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question?

Pete