Re: GUI frontend for Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: GUI frontend for Octave
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:07:40 +0900 (JST)

--- gri6507 <address@hidden> wrote:
What I'd like to have is something like Octave Workshop
(http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-workshop/). However, as that page
says, the project is no
longer being maintained. There also seems to be something at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave-gtk/, but the screenshots there are not
very good and it seems
like activity has stopped on that project as well. I also saw a number o
references to Tcl, JAVA, and
Python programs that are in various states of maintenance and functionality. In
summary, I'm confused.

Hello!!

I do not want GUI like octave work shop because the SciTE is a good editor for
octave.

OTOH
In the Octave Workshop page,
Octave Workshop is unmaintained.
I will wait until Octave/MinGW works better before resuming my work.

Now a testing binary of a octave 2.9.12 mingw32 build is available due to the
effort of Benjamin.
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-November/004755.html

Will you suggest him to resume the work?
Mail address of S&eacute;bastien Loisel will be found here.
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2006-October/000737.html

Tatsuro

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/