Re: Plot Matrix in Octave

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Plot Matrix in Octave
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:42:07 +0100

Hi,
I don't know of an easy way to draw the numbers in the matrix. You can do it with the 'text' function, but the code wouldn't be very elegant. You can, however, try something like this:
   A = [4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 0;
        2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 1, 0;
        1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 0;
        0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1];
   imshow(A+1, jet(5))
   hold on
   plot([1, 4]-0.25, [1, 2]-0.25, 'k-')
   plot([4, 6]-0.25, [2, 3]-0.25, 'k-')
   plot([6, 7]-0.25, [3, 4]-0.25, 'k-')
   hold off
This gives a plot that is fairly similar to what you want, except the numbers have been replaced with colored boxes (pixels).

Søren

Bratsch skrev:
Hello everyone. I am new in this forum and I hope that someone can help me :)

I have to visualize the path of the longest common substring in a matrix.
But I don't get it to draw, plot or whatever the matrix containing values.
And the path is also a big problem.

It should look like this picture:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13710192/alignment5.gif

Is it possible in Octave to plot a matrix f.e. A = [1,2,3,4; 2,3,4,5;
3,4,5,6; 4,5,6,7] with the red path like it is shown in the picture?
And is it possible to mark the matrix with the letters T, A, A, G,.. like it
is done in the picture?

If someone could help me would be perfect. Thanks in advance

Bye