Re: GUI frontend for Octave

From: SPilot
Subject: Re: GUI frontend for Octave
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:06:59 -0500

Hi,

Have you thought of using Eclispe (www.eclipse.org) as a front end to
Octave.  A lot of commercial products - Borland's java ide etc..., have
switched over to using it as it runs on all three platforms.

Steve

             gri6507
             <address@hidden
                                       address@hidden
             11/11/2007 04:33                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       GUI frontend for Octave

Hello,

Please pardon mme for posting this question since it seems like it's been
asked many times before. However, I am quite confised about which options
are still valid for a GUI frontend to Octave.

What I'd like to have is something like Octave Workshop
(http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-workshop/). However, as that page
says, the project is no longer being maintained. There also seems to be
something at https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave-gtk/, but the
screenshots there are not very good and it seems like activity has stopped
on that project as well. I also saw a number o references to Tcl, JAVA, and
Python programs that are in various states of maintenance and
functionality.
In summary, I'm confused.

Can someone please calrify this issue for me?