Config problem with BLAS lib

From: Maria Teresa Ceballos Merino
Subject: Config problem with BLAS lib
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:36:44 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to install octave-2.9.16 in a Fedora 7 PC (Linux 2.6.22.9-91.fc7 #1
SMP  i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux).

It crashes complaining about the BLAS library:

"configure: WARNING: Your BLAS library was apparently compiled with a Fortran
configure: WARNING: compiler that uses a different calling convention from
configure: WARNING: the one used by the selected compiler, gfortran.
configure: error: You must correct this problem before building Octave."

but I do not have a proper BLAS library installed on my system. I've also tried
with the "--without-blas" option but it was the same. I attach the config.log
file just in case it can be useful.

Could you please give me some help with this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Teresa

Dr. M.Teresa Ceballos
Instituto de Fisica de Cantabria (CSIC-UC)
Avda. Los Castros s/n (Edif. Juan Jordá)
39005 Santander  (Spain)
address@hidden
http://www.ifca.unican.es/~ceballos
Phone: +34 942 202091