Re: Embedding the Octave interactive prompt

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Embedding the Octave interactive prompt
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:24:21 -0600

On 08/11/2007, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/8/07, Javier Arantegui <address@hidden> wrote:
> > QtOctave can be use under MS Windows XP (I am not sure what you mean with
> > Win32).
>
> As far as I know, it does not use terminal emulation.

True. The last version that Pedro Lucas made (which I have yet to
package for Debian; I'm on it) implements its own history and command
completion functions independently from GNU readline. I still think
it's substandard myself, but it's a vast improvement over not having
that functionality at all. However, P.L. seemed unaware of John
Swenson's work in the C++ octave_server class, and he thought it was
interesting when I pointed it out to him. He may change his approach
to QtOctave in the next release. Terminal emulation may not be
necessary at all.

- Jordi G. H.