Re: Embedding the Octave interactive prompt

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: Embedding the Octave interactive prompt
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:06:49 +0100

Hello,

El Jueves, 8 de Noviembre de 2007, Michael Goffioul escribió:
> What attracted me in this project is that fact that it's Java-based, so
> an integration with JHandles is possible. And basically, this is the only
> one I can currently use under Win32 (terminal emulation is a very
> UNIX-ish beast)

QtOctave can be use under MS Windows XP (I am not sure what you mean with
Win32). In fact there is a portable version bundled with Octave and gnuplot.
It's a zip file and to use it, you only need to uncompress it and it works.
No complex installations. You can use a USB drive to run it or even a copy in
CD, but I have not tested that.

Javier
PS. I have no relation with the people behind QtOctave.

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es