Re: Identify auto tick locations

From: Peter A. Gustafson
Subject: Re: Identify auto tick locations
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:04:58 -0400

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  1-Nov-2007, Peter A. Gustafson wrote:
>
> | (Rambling)
> | You can reimplement an algorithm after studying it in detail
>
> I urge people working on Octave to NOT take this as advice that it is
> OK to read Matlab .m files to learn how they work in order to
> reimplement them.  I ask that anyone who works on Octave should NEVER
> read any Matlab .m files that they may have available to them.

In my mind I draw a strong distinction between algorithms and the code
that describes them.  I realize this distinction can be cloudy, I hope
my intent was not misunderstood.  I fully endorse jwe's advice.  He has
set a sound policy for octave, a policy which leaves no doubt as to the
origin of the code.

Cheers,
Pete