Re: Identify auto tick locations

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Identify auto tick locations
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:18:25 -0400

On  1-Nov-2007, Francesco Potorti` wrote:

| If that is the problem, one just needs to rewrite the code, for example
| by vectorising it instead of using elseif statements.  Writing code that
| works like someone else's (copying the algorithm) but that is written in
| a  different way is not copyright infringement.

You are a lawyer and you are sure about this?  I think it would be
questionable whether this is OK.

My advice to anyone working on Octave is that you should definitely
avoid deriving your code from sources which would not allow you to
make modified copies available under terms compatible with the GPL.

jwe