Re: creating an oct file for use in Windows

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: creating an oct file for use in Windows
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:45:37 +0100

> Hi,
>

> I am working in a Windows environment.   I am trying to create helloworld
> .oct , the sample function listed on:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html#Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles
>
> I  installed Cygwin 2.573  and a set of Octave binaries for Cygwin.  I need
> Octave version at least 2.9 and this isn't available from the normal Cygwin
> package updater (setup.exe) so I got "a testing release of Octave 2.9.14 on
> Cygwin " from   http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/basic.html.  Is there any
> other way to get Octave 2.9 functionality under Windows from oct files?
>
> I was able to create the helloworldoct file and it ran fine within
> Cygwin/Octave.     However every time I start Octave up under Windows,
> GNU-Octave, and then enter helloworld I get an error - "...procedure entry
> point could not be found ... in liboctinterp.dll".  I am using the same
> helloworld.oct file as I did under Cygwin.  I did this because that is the
> procedure for using lpsolve ( http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.1/Octave.htm
> ), which is my final aim.  However as I was getting the error I mentioned
> above - no entry point - I went to something simpler, helloworld, in the
> hope that I could pinpoint the problem.  Alas no.
>
> How can I create/use an oct file under Windows?  Specifically the
> hellowworld.cc example.

I'm not sure about what you're trying to do, but it seems you compiled
an oct-file using Octave/Cygwin and you try to use it under Octave/MSVC.
This is not gonna work, because both versions were compiled using
different C++ compilers, which are not compatible.

You can find useful information about Octave for Windows (the cygwin and
the MSVC versions) at http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/ and about how to
use mkoctfile under Octave/MSVC at http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/msvcoct.html

Michael.