20 GB console.log documents generated

From: Cal
Subject: 20 GB console.log documents generated
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:32:26 -0600

Yes, 20 GB. I'm on a dual 1.25 GHz silver Mac, 1.25 GB ram OS X 10.3.9. This weekend I was running a bench test between Octave, which I installed using Fink Commander, and Scilab, which I also installed using Fink Commander. The test was simply generating and plotting a 20,000 point sin wave. I had left the programs running while off my machine and two 20 GB console.log documents were generated, one on my account and one on my room mate's account. I'm guessing they might have gotten bigger but they filled up the last 40 GB of my hard drive.

Does anyone know why this happened and what I need to fix to keep it from happening again? The files were so big that I couldn't open them in Console and so I deleted them to free up my hard drive again.

I no longer know anything about unix (finished grad school years ago) and I simply want to run computational algorithms at home where I don't have a copy of MatLab, which I use at work.

Thanks for any help.

Cal