Re: testing install of suitesparse

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: testing install of suitesparse
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:39:08 -0400

On Oct 25, 2007, at 2:16 AM, Thomas Weber wrote:

Am Mittwoch, den 24.10.2007, 21:11 -0400 schrieb Ben Abbott:
I'll take a look at ismember.m once I've finished my present attempt
at creating Fink packages for SuiteSparse and Metis.

If anyone else if motivated toward this task, please reply. I'll not
be able to put much attention toward this for at least 2 weeks.

Isn't Fink based on the normal Debian system? Both Suitesparse and Metis
are available from Debian (Metis is in non-free, suitesparse without
metis in main, suitesparse with metis in contrib).

        Thomas

Yes Fink is based upon the Debian system. However, there are differences. I'm not familiar with Debian and thus have had trouble translating their package over to FInk.

I've poked around in the Debian SVN: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg- scicomp/?rev=0&sc=0

Unfortunately, I've not found an equivalent to Fink's .info files (and don't know that anything equivalent actually exists in Debian).

However, the Debian strategy for creating two packages for suitesparse (with and withou metis) is likely the best approach for Fink as well.

Ben