RE: How to Change Plot Colours

From: Schirmacher, Rolf
Subject: RE: How to Change Plot Colours
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:13:06 +0200

The colors are defined within octave and then explicitly passed to gunplot,
so the gnuplot default does not matter so much.

I am not familiar with the background color issue at the moment, but to
redefine the line colors, you could use the ColorOrder property of the axes.
The most simple way is to redefine them for the root figure and let them
inherit automatically to any new axes (plots) by setting

set(0,'DefaultAxesColorOrder',my_ColorOrder);

ColorOrder simply is an array of rgb triplets defining the line colors that
is circled through to for the next line color within a plot.

I do something like that in my .octaverc to get some specific color scheme
for lines - thanks to jwe, this is implemented in 2.9.15 now.

Rolf