Re: version of SuiteSparse?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: version of SuiteSparse?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:49:08 -0500

On 16/10/2007, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> To be clear, while I'm not up to speed on the details of concerning
> GPL projects linking to non-GPL libraries, I was surprised that
> SuiteSparse did this. I have no personal problem with leaving Metis
> out, but don't expect the Fink team will like the idea of a partial
> package for SuiteSparse ...

This isn't a matter of liking ideas or not... unless you like
lawsuits. GPL enforcement lawsuits *have* happened, with a recent one
in the US getting some publicity:

     http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_t38/idt2007.09.21.01.13.21.html

Keep the code free. We GPL advocates don't like it when this doesn't happen. :-)

- Jordi G. H.